- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt (coarse)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Old Arthur’s Gold Dust Dry Rub
- 24 oz beer, chilled (or nonalcoholic beer)
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or softened butter)
- 2 tablespoons Old Arthur’s Crossroads Dry Rub
Line 2-quart bowl or saucepan with 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add water, kosher salt, brown sugar, and Old Arthur’s Gold Dust Dry Rub; stir until salt and sugar are dissolved. Stir in beer. Add chicken. Tightly seal bag; refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Remove chicken from brine; rinse thoroughly under cool running water and pat dry with paper towels. Discard brine. Place chicken, breast side up, in pan. Refrigerate uncovered 1 hour to dry chicken skin.
Brush oil over chicken. Sprinkle with Old Arthur’s Crossroads Dry Rub; rub into chicken skin. Place in smoker or onto grill with indirect heat, smoking for approximately 3 hrs at 225-250 degrees.